Going to Seek Another Opinion
The overwhelming nature of what we are going through comes in waves. I haven't felt "normal" at all over the last two days, but some periods are better than others. I'm trying to block out things mentally as much as possible, and it's proving difficult. When I was doing my run yesterday, I suddenly became overwhelmed with grief about 45 minutes in and completely broke down. It was as if I was stabbed in the chest and a bunch of emotions came roaring up and I just broke down. Today has been better, but this is a very challenging moment for me mentally.
Sabrina has decided to seek out another opinion with another doctor. I don't think this will tell us much, as we are still awaiting test results that won't arrive for another two weeks or longer. But there are only a few weeks where you can get an NT scan during the pregnancy. She wants to get another one next week to confirm what was found this week, and also see if there is a chance the nasal bones will have miraculously appeared. Part of me thinks this is just a search for false hope, but I am supporting her and will go along with it if it helps give her peace of mind. That appointment is scheduled for next Monday (3/27/22).
Below are some images. The first is from our first ultrasound at 8 weeks, showing both babies. The next two images are from our latest scan this past Monday at 12 weeks. As noted in my previous post, there is a significant difference in the NT in baby A and baby B, with baby B having the abnormal NT. In addition to the measurements provided, the images also reveal the significant difference between the babies. This is in addition to the lack of nasal bone in both A and B.
I just wish that there was something I could do to help them, but I feel helpless at this moment. All we can do is wait and hope.
Leave a Reply.